Accessible Customer Service Plan
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Waterloo Honda is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Fees will not be charged for support persons
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities New and Used Car Sales, Service and Parts at Waterloo Honda will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed at Showroom – New and Used Car Building and Service waiting room
Waterloo Honda will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
- Department Managers for New and Used Cars
- Service and Parts Manager
- Fixed Operations Manager
- Customer Care Manager
This training will be provided to staff within a month after hiring
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Waterloo Honda’s plan related to the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities •
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use the ramp for New car Showroom to accommodate customer with disabilities, personal attention that corresponds to the type of business (sales reps, service and parts advisors)
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to your plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Waterloo Honda provides goods and services to people with disabilities can do it by phone 519-746-4120 (Customer Care), email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or verbally (Customer Care)
All feedback, including complaints will be directed to the Department Manager. Customers can expect to hear back in 30 days
Modification to this or other policies
Any policy of Waterloo Honda that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.